Jones Family

Jones Family
November 2009

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Please Pray for Kate

My heart is heavy. Reading this story has literally put me right back to where we were April 21st and the days beyond. What's awful is when you are faced with a situation like we have been thrown into the last several weeks, you begin to have your eyes opened to others that are hurting and suffering all around you. I meet other family members now that I find myself looking around while at ACH instead of just trying to function. Now that I see things again, I see things differently with each visit. So many other moms, and family members, with kiddos in the Burn Unit, or PICU, or NICU from another mom who hasn't gotten to take her new baby home yet. While I know there are so many out there who are hurting and suffering, we were brought this story by another trusted blogger mom and my heart just pours out to them. Their story hits so close to home and I see ourselves in them. I knew I had to share their story with you. Please pray for Kate. We all know that's all you can do in these times...pray. We were so thankful for all of those who were with us during those early days and those emails and notes of reassuring prayers were so comforting. On the nights I couldn't sleep, I remember looking back and forth from watching monitors to reading notes of encouragement and prayer. We know how much that means to this family because we've been there. This is all so fresh for them and it rips at the wounds that are still fresh and trying to heal in our own family and circumstance. Thank you for taking a minute to hear Kate's story and lift her and her family up in prayer.
http://www.youtube.com/v/ese3zYZ-NA4&hl=en&fs=1

2 comments:

  1. That is very hard for me to watch...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brayden,

    We just got back from Texas, it was 100 degrees there. I helped my dad paint our cabin's porch. My mom went to the store today and saw your dad.

    From Lauren Lembke To you!

    ReplyDelete